View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 05:24 AM

Default Ted z

Though I am very frequent reader of this site, according to the records, I haven’t posted here since 2011. I need to talk about Ted’ s death . This is an awful way to start 2024. Teddy Z and I first met back in the Stone Age at the willow grove shows in the late 70’s..along with his faithful companion, Ralph Triplette. They were both purists, actually hobby scientists, always on the lookout for card news. I’d get a note from teddy about the newest 49 bowman variations they had found, or some other obscure minutiae. I was putting together doubleheader sets..they were studying backs of cards for irregularities. I didn’t quite understand their passion at the time. Heck, I was hunting for a nice 52 Mathews or George Crowe . As the years went by , I finally got it. ☺️ Over the years He and I did deals . He’d just send me a bunch of 49 highs..and id buy them. Sometimes id meet him in cullowhee NC at Ralph’s place to buy cards and he oversaw the disposition of Ralph’s collection over many months. We do one show a year. (The national) and he was one of a small handful of hobby characters I always looked forward to seeing. A very sad day, indeed. Teddy Z will be missed. Kit Young