View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 10:50 AM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
Mantle autographed cards are not among the hobby's ultimate rarities. Some are more uncommon than others, and yes, they're exponentially more difficult to procure than their unsigned counterparts. In demand? That's always been evident, and that popularity is clearly surging.
Mantle autographs are not as common as Bob Feller autographs, but they are plentiful. If the demand increases, I'm sure someone will look at it as an opportunity to increase the existing supply (snicker, snicker).

I've got a few Mantle signatures from the late 80s, early 90s show circuit. But I'm of the opinion that if I submitted them for "authentication" they'd come back as forged (which I know they're not).

As for the price of the autographs, I was a bit surprised, but as someone mentioned, Mantle seems to be a collecting category independent of other players of that era.

I'd rather spend that type of money on locating an Urban Shocker signature than on a Mantle (which is abundantly available when compared to other signatures).

This market is just crazy.