View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfriedm View Post
Very happy I picked up mine when I did. It wasn't something I was looking for, but I got it on a whim at what is probably a fraction of what it would go for today. I know it's not a portrait, but I always prefer "action" shots anyway:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Rob, I was the winner of the M116 Cobb in REA's auction and felt I got it a good price. Subsequently, at this year's National I traded it for a PSA4 T206 Cobb bat off plus some cash off to complete the 4 poses. it is only in the past several years that Wags has outshone Tyrus, and I wonder with all the hype and publicity about his T206 in recent years if any Wags card bearing a like image will fetch big bucks. Think the E90-2 and Tip Top cards which have been on a roll. I would love the Sporting Life Wagner but it is now out of my range at current auction levels.
The only Wags cards held at the moment are his E92 Dockman, E95 and a trimmed, autographed Goudey Premium.
I have always found it interesting that the Ruth '48 Leaf sells for big bucks while Hans is very reasonable, if not cheap. Obviously, both are long past their playing days.
My Wags grail card is his E94.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
They have an estimate of 5K. Great minds think alike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo29 View Post
Wagners are still going strong. The E90-2 SGC 2 in Memory Lane last night went way higher than I thought it would. Price is almost double what it sold for in Nov 2022. I'd say a 100% increase in 14 months is a good rate of return.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk