View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 05:09 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
I think you are definitely right about the propoensity for clubhouse sigs. Regarding, DiGiovanna, I saw an article that he worked for the team before, but only joined the Dodgers dugout in 1952. If that is accurate, I would imagine he only really started signing for the team at that point and it might have been someone else in 1950. (Looking at the Jackie signature, it definitely does not look like a DiGiovanna, but I was unsure if a different clbuhouse attendant was signing in 1950.)

https://www.psacard.com/articles/art...row-digiovanna
I believe Charlie was the batboy earlier than that. He was the 1947 NL All Star bat boy and he was already 17 at that time so I assume he had been a bat boy prior to that year.

Certainly, 1950 autographed baseballs often had clubhouse signatures which possibly were signed by someone other than DiGiovanna.

The Robinson on this ball looks to be legitimate based on the last name. Obviously, the "Jackie" is not really legible.

At any rate whether "The Brow" or someone else, likely some clubhouses are on the ball.