View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 11:24 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I love how I am supposed to think it is stupid and harms no one to tweak corners, press out creases, etc.

I would like feedback on how this is all perfectly wonderful and acceptable from the innocent buyers of what they thought were kosher cards that were exposed on BODA and the card lost most of it's value overnight and has a scarlet letter for the life of google search. Especially those that received no compensation, or realized their PSA number is sandwiched between a pile of identified cards in submissions and have to look at a previously loved card with a sideways eye they spent their full savings on?
Most of what I've seen on BODA involves cards that were later photo matched showing obvious trimming, color work, or something permanent to that effect. The most glaring I've ever seen were the JSA fake vintage autos on prewar in SGC slabs, and then photos obviously of the exact same cards sans signature. I'm not sure if those were part of the same outing on BODA, but the methods used to show before / after were similar.

Whether you find Kurt and his methods harmless or think it's outright alteration - the truth again at least to this point is that his work / methods would seem to be difficult to detect afterwards. Cards that have been touched using his methods routinely make it through all the reputable TPG's without issue. Again I would say that grading is not the yardstick for many, and especially here - to conclude that a card has not been altered. But the truth is in the hobby for a lot of the rest of folks it is, whether we like it or not.

I wouldn't think you are stupid for not concluding that cards subjected to these methods were not harmed, anymore than I would hope others would not find me stupid for not being able to tell which card is the one with a fixed corner from Kurt's spray 10 minutes later, searching through a pile. There may be a way to do this, but I haven't found it yet.

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-29-2024 at 11:25 AM.