View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 10:54 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
"Gone With The Stain", and Dick Towle - it's now deceased founder - have been around for decades. From all accounts, they can get stains of all types and tape and album residue off cards and make them look like nothing ever happened. I would not assume that their methods are as "natural" as Kurt's Card Care claims theirs are. I think it's mostly harsh chemicals that are used, but supposedly it gets the job done.

For what it is worth there are also noted accounts of collectors who say that GWTS ruined their cards trying to get whatever offending material off of them. Not sure what happens in those cases. I'm guessing you have to submit a disclosure to not hold them accountable before they will work on your cards.
GWTS uses solvents to dissolve the adhesive and remove tape. Sometimes tape comes off cleanly, sometimes it doesn't and results in paper loss. You can also remove tape with a hair dryer. Just depends on what kind of tape it is. Sometimes the tape leaves behind a yellowish stain behind it. When that happens, nobody can get that stain out. Not even GWTS. Not without completely destroying the card anyhow.