View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 07:07 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Interesting Find, thought I would share

Back in the 90'S a trash man discovered over 1,000 T2o6 and E-cards in Cheese Boxes in the trash. The owner a Antique dealer for 60 plus years had passed and I guess didn't have any close family so the City of Cairo, Illinois didn't think they had any value. They did have a two day auction later.

Anyway the trashman contacted a Antique dealer in Charleston MO and offered the lot for 200.00. the dealer didn't didn't get it and declined. Mean while the trashman did some checking on the phone the cards, he found out the cards were a gold mine--he sold the T206 he said for 30,000 (probably Cheap)--anyway he held back a 100 or so E-cards which I bought.--Can you believe the Antique Dealer passed on the 200.00 dollar offer, he later told me was a huge mistake, and of course made him sick to his stomach--NO kidding!

The mistake I made I had visited the Antique shop several time and he always ask ANYTHING YOUR LOOKING FOR? No I would answer, if I had just asked --HAVE ANY OLD BASEBALL CARDS-- so from now on I ask--TRUE STORY!

Last edited by Directly; 02-14-2024 at 07:08 AM.