View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 06:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It's usually easier when you know your trading partner, though I have a few friends it's not so easy with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It's kind of like anything in life where you have to add value for someone if you want them to do a deal with you or help you out. I have a bunch of hobby friends who have already provided me a lot a value and I'll do lateral trades or whatever with them no problem. I have a few guys who offer me lots at prices where I can make a few bucks and they like that I pay immediately and don't haggle. Sometimes I add up what I'm getting and I'm not sure it's quite break-even but I'll say yes anyway because I figure the next batch will probably be a good buy.

I have a buddy who also sells stuff and a few times he and I have made a deal where one of us gets a very big card and the other gets a big stack of inventory. Probably neither of us would do that type of trade with a stranger but we knew the negotiations would be easy, and it has worked out great.

With a dealer you don't know, it's tougher. Just have to start by asking if they trade and see how they react. If they seem hesitant or not into it, probably try another dealer.