View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 08:44 AM
Benj.amin Mc.Ginn

Doug,

The photo that "I just took" was a photo here in my physical possession. The same photo that is uploaded to eBay.

The eBay listing was an existing Babe Ruth Photo Template. It's not 1939. Im guessing eBay kept all item specs as a default. Not sure why. I didn't type anything in. Just hit "sell similar"

I only asked for help and opinions, however, it seems like this old group has too much time on their hands. If thats the case, go find this exact image of Babe Ruth online. You can't.

I didn't produce this image. I clearly purchased contents from an estate.

Side note: I dont know it's a crap photo. That why I posted it on here.
If it WERE a Crap Photo, PSA would have said it were NO GOOD (aka crap photo) PSA took my money but they gave me a credit voucher. So that clearly tells me it's inconclusive by the EXPERTS on what exactly it is.

Hopefully Emmett Kelly entertained everyone here. I had to find an old clown that everyone in this group remembers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Benjamin,

Yesterday at 5:42 am you said :

Then less than 12 hours later, at 5:38 pm you said :

But as Swade correctly points out the photo that you "just took" is the same as the one you say is a different photo.

It's ok for you to put stuff on ebay for any price you choose, it's ok for you to lean into your status of "not an expert by any means" in the listing. It's also ok for you to call it a 1939 photo while simultaneously acknowledging that it's not. And, it's ok to not accept returns.

What's not ok is for you to come on here and ask a simple question, that seems to me to have a pretty simple answer, and then try to twist yourself into a pretzel while explaining to us that you already know the answer, and the people responding to you don't.

You know it's a crap photo when everybody's favorite opinion seller won't give you an opinion on it.

Hopefully Mr. Barnum you find a sucker for your ebay listing to take care of that submission fee.

But I'm also not an expert,
Doug