View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 02:32 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I haven't voted but agree.

That said, if there ever is a Net54baseball HOF, he will be a first HOF class inductee. I don't think anyone else has contributed more to the forum than Ted did. I will make sure those threads in the Archive section, at least of his, get updated.

And whomever mentioned, Jim Blumenthal, I agree also. He too would be right up there, though he didn't post nearly as much as Teddy. He was a great collector and really a super human being. Reading older threads, I still see his posts and it always brings back fond memories. Much the same way it will be with Teddy's posts.

I was just thinking about Jim today. I met him only once, just before he passed away (ten years ago this coming October). He said very little but asked me how I was feeling, expressed some compassion and wrote me a note in Sanskrit, which I still have today. If you ever met Jim, I suspect you never forgot him.

Anyway, I was thinking about him because, while looking for a book in my bookcase, I came across 'The Ornament of the Middle Way' (which he wrote) - I picked it up when I was studying Buddhism six or so years back.

Wonderful guy, and a great contributor, especially when it came to caramel cards.