View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Uhhh...

I made a statement in another thread, in a different area of the forum:

The knowledge you guys have with respect to cards is insane. I have seen and read all of your complaints about the grading companies. Most would seem to be legitimate complaints.

Thus I asked: why doesn't someone on this forum buy some slabs and flips, and starting grading cards right here?

Any of the legalese can be answered by the attorneys who regularly post in these threads.

I was then informed that someone once did that very thing; someone named Bob who is no longer with us (RIP).

I highly doubt that any fakery would get past the knowledge base of this forum. Likewise, I believe cards would receive an honest grade, good or bad.

Think about it.

This might even convince someone like me, the advocate and champion of raw, to have some cards graded.
I have considered it.
Designing my own slab and just going for it,or doing certificates like they do with Stamps.

My problem is hopeless disorganization. I'd probably end up with a highly variable turnaround time because I'd forget the backlog and do whatever came in today.

I also don't have what would be needed financially to maintain a database, especially with stuff people want today like QR codes.