View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 08:40 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
Yes, thousands of images of these guys--but vast number are not duplicated, unlike cards with same images, sometimes thousands each. And yes, demand not so high right now but my question is why and why won't that change in era where rarity seems to count so much. And yes, plenty of so-so images but then again most card images are so-so and look like each other....
I started collecting Type 1 snapshot photos about 10+ years ago.
At the time very..very..few collectors. Hardly any photos at auction houses.

...now....you are starting to see a strong steady increase of photo lots being added and even some auctions are only Type 1 photos.

It will increase in the future. It's happening now, especially the past few years.

However, photos are not mainstreamed yet vs cards. They are not formatted to a set. Due to them being so unique and different, there's no real price guide. It's the wild wild west with pricing to some degree.

So why the increase? One reason I think, collectors are being out paced with tradition cards cost and fatigue of seeing the same cards over and over again (add in there fraud issues too).....Where as photos offer something truly uniquely special on all levels (as Brian D. stated above) and collectors are starting to connect with that.

Would you rather see a newly discovered photo of Ted Williams or the same Ted Williams cards? For me, I still love cards, but I pick the photos.

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 05-08-2024 at 08:42 AM.