View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 07:47 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Hi Nicolo,

I have a couple of questions/observations.

Does the solo Mays have a blue tint whereas the Mays' on the full sheet do not? If so, does that mean there are two possible variations for each player?

I have a solo Mantle sticker and it has a blue tint. The complete sheet that Fred linked to at REA has a Mantle with a blue tint also. I'm wondering whether I should be looking for a Mantle without the blue tint.

In addition, I find it strange that the two sheets you have contain four Giants on each sheet (with Mays being on each sheet) whereas the REA complete sheet had three Tigers and Mantle. That makes me very curious regarding how it was determined which stickers to place on each sheet. Although it's a very small sample size, the three sheets I've seen tend to indicate that there might be more Mays and Mantle stickers than other players.
It turns out that your tint suspicions are correct. The single is definitely very blue, while the sheets are very much gray/black.

I don’t know much about the various sheet configurations, as these are the only two sheets that I’ve ever owned. I will say that the individual pieces are not well secured to the sheet, so they could theoretically be moved around onto different sheets. I’ve never attempted to move them around, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some enterprising collector could manage it without anyone being the wiser.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel