View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 02:39 PM
GaryPassamonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
There are several names I would vote for and think fit to induct, but they are guys I think are the "should be in" side of the line, but only barely. The big obvious holes in this era category are still ineligible to be inducted as I understand it. Jim Creighton, Doc Adams, Ross Barnes are the people who should obviously be in but are not. Cooperstown's endorsement of a blatantly false lie about the origins of the game sure didn't help genuine research into the early days and development. Adams belongs as a pioneer, Creighton for being the one who turned the game primarily into a contest between batter and pitcher instead of batter and fielders, and Barnes was the first professional superstar who is kept out because he played in only 9 seasons of what we today consider 'major league'. While the 10 year playing cutoff makes a lot of sense for modernity, it really doesn't to the initial development of the game and to the amateur era.

I would forgive the Baines corrupt farce if they put in one of these clearly deserving candidates that nobody seems to think do not belong, but just do not care about honoring the long dead who don't have a lobbying campaign.

+1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barnes1.jpg (65.6 KB, 79 views)