View Single Post
Old 05-17-2024, 10:12 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
I'm not sure what you're seeing but society had embraced gay men with open arms, yes there are still people with prejudice but your sexuality is a protected class, which many people fought for to get there.
Having a devout Catholic saying something is sinful pales in comparison to people demanding the death of Jews.
Nobody is defending pro-Hamas protesters, least of all this person who happens to be Jewish. It has nothing to do with the topic.

And sure, there have been legal gains in terms of statutes and case law. But that's like saying the fact that Black people have achieved legal gains means there is no discrimination. Small piece of the puzzle, IMHO.

I mean seriously how would you feel if you were a gay person and read this about the Speaker of the House, perhaps the second most powerful person in the country:

In comments from over fifteen years ago, long before he became a lawmaker and while acting as an attorney and spokesman for the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF), a Christian advocacy group, Johnson described homosexuals as "sinful" and "destructive" and argued support for homosexuality could lead to support for pedophilia. He also authored op-eds that argued for criminalizing gay sex.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-17-2024 at 10:26 PM.