View Single Post
Old 10-26-2001, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Submissions received back

Posted By: Tim Sedlock

I received back - 60 days after having submitted them -a group of cards from PSA. This was my first submission and like many people am a little both delighted and disappointed...but hey thats life!

One card, 1916 Standard Biscuit Ty Cobb, was not graded due to being miscut. Does anyone know if this could have been at the factory or did this issue come in strips??? It measures 3-1/4" x 2". Would I have any better luck submitting this same card to SGC or should I say the hell with it and just enjoy the card?

A T206 Walter Johnson "Hands at Chest" (Ex/Mt) was not graded due to an Evid Trim. What the heck does evid mean? I measured the card and it is exactly the L/W as stated in the Standard Catalog for Baseball Cards so I am a little confused here.

Another card, T206 Christy Mathewson "Dark Cap" - now a PSA 5 - I could have swore it would come back with evidence of trimming as it is a little short, but it graded!

Although, I am not an expert - even experts make mistakes - I have noticed some inconsistencies in the grading, but will not let this deter me from sending in cards for grading in the future. I think a main reason I sent the cards in was to find which sellers are honest and which may NOT be.

Thanks for listening!

Tim