View Single Post
Old 10-28-2001, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Submissions received back

Posted By: Julie Vognar

A few months ago, I won a bunch of photos from Robert Edwards--among them was a Fritsch.I mixed them all in with my cards--but I didn't have a Fritsch card. So I bid on a '34 Goudy on E-Bay--it happened to be a PSA 6, and looked great. As soon as it arrived, I freed it from its prison, and found--WHAT? The borders were blindingly white, the corners razor sharp. The lettering on the back looked new, except in four small places, where part of some of the letters were missing.

I called Mark Macrae, and he came over and looked at it. "Julie, you don't even want to KNOW everything that's been done to this card. ":That's sort of what I figured. Give me a few bucks for it?" "I think of this card more as a conversation piece than a card." "Oh." "It's been bleached, the lettering removed and replaced, the borders trimmed to make the corners sharp, and--God knows what else. What did the scan look like?" "Well, real nice--but he must have put a filter over the card, so it wouldn't look so blindingly white in the borders."

Anyone want a conversation piece, for $286 dollars?

Julie