Thread: Interesting...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Default Interesting...

Posted By: Julian

It's incredible that this individual didn't mention Bill Goodwin, Dave Forman, and Superior Sports Cards in the same breath as Andy, SCP, and Steve. The constant that I see with the "Heavyweights" mentioned above is, they do display some of the nicest, sweetest cards ever found in the card trading hobby. They are also the most respected because of there impeccable reputation built on every transaction. I have had dealings with almost everybody on this list. I will definitely buy from all of the mentioned above and I don't really feel that they get much help from the volume of cards submitted to PSA. My advice, regardless of grade, is to buy the card, not the holder. My last "kind of" big acquisition, from the list above, was a 1914 Cracker Jack Ed Walsh PSA 8. I bought the card from Andy Madec. He brought it the Ft. Washington Card Show, prior to his last auction, for me to view under a light and magnification. As I always suspected with someone like Andy, a cherry of a card from an awesome, down to earth, PSA Dealer. I'd buy from these guy's before I buy from someone complaining about a Grading Company doing their job.

The Board, what do you think? Do certain people get preferential treatment because of volume submissions?