View Single Post
Old 03-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Default Most under-valued vintage set?

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

My vote goes to the S74 white silk set. I've collected these silks for 15 or so years. I bought them whenever I could find them with backs. 15 years ago I wouldn't have hesitated to pay 50 dollars for common with a back as it was meant to be removed and I didn't run into them often. I've collected about 75 of the 121 and have never passed on one I needed. Seems like you can buy them for about the same price today and I still don't run into them often. When one without a back sells for 30-40 and one with a back sells for not alot more, I just can't understand where the logic is. Way back then, I was into the T205 and T206 sets also. I tried buying them at the same time in EX or better for around $25 when I could. Hated spending more on a common T206 common, LOL. Now I see graded T206s selling for $100s, I'm amazed. I guess its just like anything else (like the Obaks), demand will drive the market. The S74s aren't pretty to look at, but I can tell you from experience, they are a rare breed with the back and think they should be valued as such.