View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Default Time to fight back and stop being ripped off

Posted By: warshawlaw

While you definitely get more flies with sugar than vinegar, when there's a pile of dog poop there already, there are enough flies around as it is.

It is not up to me or to any buyer to be sweet to someone who has sold a blatant forgery. This is not a close call where the card is a real card that may have been trimmed ever so slightly or is a card that fooled PSA (fake Ruth rookie) or SGC (fake Doyle T206). This is a crude forgery readily detectable on handling the card but obscured just enough by ebay's crappy scamming, er, scanning system to get past four experienced card collectors on the net, three of whom I outbid. That's why I relied on this seller's reputation which had a feedback well into the thousands, a power seller rating and only a handful of negatives (8 of 'em in thousands of transactions). The package in fact came from a card store, not a home. That kind of seller clearly should know better, and is therefore either fraudulent or inattentive. If the former, nice ain't gonna cut it; if the latter, a scream rather than a whisper will draw a lot faster response. Actually, I thought I was being nice: Had it not been a "professional" seller, I would already have submitted the Paypal and eBay reports and would be running down the postal inspector and AG offices as we speak.

If I sold anyone dreck lik this, I would expect to have my head handed to me by the buyer, but maybe I'm a bit too street-hardened; years of suing real estate frauds and faithless insurers will do that to you. You know what they say: the difference between a porcupine and two lawyers in a Porsche is that the porcupine has the pricks on the outside.