View Single Post
Old 08-06-2002, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Default authentic grade, new look

Posted By: leon

I said I wasn't going to post about it anymore but you asked a fairly simple question so what the heck. BTW, hope to see/meet you at the Nationals so I can see whom I am debating/jabbing with all of the time I met your brother last year and he is extremely gracious and was very hospitable. I am sure you wil be also........ I think grading an altered card is no worse than grading a fake card ala the Wagner's etc....that SGC already does. I don't know the specific answer, if there is a definitive one, to your question, but I will say that I would potentially buy a card that was graded "altered" SGC 10....if it was the only way I could obtain it....and I would (possibly) be happier with it encapsulated than not...but that is my opinion ....and probably a few others too....I just don't see a reason not to do it...and I don't think the arguments you made earlier are completely on target....as pointed out in the comics arena, by Dr.Koos, an altered/restored version almost ALWAYS goes for less than an unrestored one......anything else on this subject I will save for meeting with you in person.....regards all