View Single Post
Old 08-11-2002, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Default $3 million, are you kidding me?

Posted By: warshawlaw

is that this "marquee" collector/dealer's name is not mentioned once that I could see in the entire rambling ad. Do you think if a Barry Halper-type was scragging his collection, he'd want to use His name? I also find it rather interesting that this seller used the scammer's friend private auction format and has not given even the barest of facts about what is really included.

I remember seeing a scam once where the guy put a $100 bill on the top of each stack of $1 bills or newspaper and fooled the buyer with it (the Sting? Miami Vice? I don't recall). This looks like something similar.

This schmuck is obviously looking for the ceiling that a real bidder will bid, which he will find through a shill bid (note the private auction), then he will offer the deal to the underbidder since the "winner" pulled out. It would almost be worth it to be the underbidder just to hear this idiot's scam rap afterwards.

I wonder what money-losing card shop in Hell's Armpit this turkey is trying to escape from?