View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Default Another Example of Why there should be restrictions on Private Auctions

Posted By: Dr.Koos

...when I used the term YOU collectively/generally. And you're right, some folks you CAN'T make happy, no matter what. The fact that MY feedback is 615 positive against 1 RETALIATORY negative from a bidder/winner NEVER getting back in touch with me, or sending payment should speak VOLUMES on my selling credentials ESPECIALLY when you consider that my average sale item is WELL in excess of $1000 and UNSLABBED. In a field where it's hard to make everyone happy no matter how far you bend over backwards, somehow, I've done the unthinkable (I mean, I AM the Devil himself, aren't I?) and MADE EVERYONE WHO'S DEALT WITH ME HAPPY ABOUT THE OUTCOME. My one negative came from a buyer who never took delivery or sent payment for the merchandise saying in the feedback that "I never contacted HIM". Rubbish! A 1% margin of error that Ebay allows to maintain Power-Seller Status IS a good benchmark. Take RunScott for example. He said in one of his posts, "I've negatived 10 sellers out of my last 100 purchases!". That's 10%. Some buyers have an "itchy trigger finger". Others are more patient. I think that if you can please 99 out of 100 of your buyers enough for POSITIVE feedback to be left, you're the exception rather than the rule, and you SHOULD be commended. YES, I know! There are guys with feedbacks of 2000 with no negatives. But these guys usually sell primarily merchandise where there is no grading, no matter of opinion, and low dollar amounts at stake (DVDs, pots and pans, Sega game cartidges). Simplicity itself..box it and stick an address label on it. Take a look and see how many Gold-Power-Sellers dealing in 90% unslabbed HIGH GRADE, UPPER ECHELON paper collectibles there are with transactions usually between $1000 and $25,000, and a feedback of 615 positives against 1 negative. Let me know when you find him.