View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Default the thrill of the hunt?.....then what...

Posted By: leon

Ya' ever hear about a story of people bickering like kids and then a vintage baseball card forum broke out Although, if legitimate grading companies are letting very many bad cards through (let alone one card) that is an issue...but I will let the others continue their rhetoric elsewhere....and I will politely ask Elliot to come and delete posts if need be ...I am officially "owning" this thread any funny stuff and KAPOWWW !!....(said in a gangsta kinda way) There really is a reason for this thread and I am getting there..Today I received the last back of the M101 series- that I know of, to complete my "set" of distributed M101 backs. Actually there might be an old school collector out there with a set however, I think I am one of the only collectors that actually cares about them....sorry T.N.... That was kind of a running joke at the National. A collector would say "Oh you have all the various backs, ..wonderful"..(while saying who cares under their breath)..and then me adimitting it too and everyone laughing...what a time...but I digress... The first reason for this post was to find any other backs that I might not know of( I know this has been talked about several times before so I apologize in advance) These are backs that someone has actually seen. The backs I know of are : Altoona Tribune, Blank back, Block & Kuhl, Burgess Nash, Everybody's (yea), Famous & Barr, Gimbels (3 variations of print, not a misprint), Globe Clothing, Green Joyce, Herpolsheimer, Holmes to Homes, Indianapolis Brewing, Mall Theatre, Morehouse Baking, Sporting News, Standard Biscuit, Successful Farming, Wares, Weil Baking, ?? So there you have it....**I know there is a Bucyrus Brewing poster of cards but if they were cut from it they would be blank backs...so we actually don't know about that?

I have to say once I received the card it was a little bit of a let down...now that I have them all (maybe, that I know of), it seems the thrill of the hunt is sort of over How do you guys do it? Start a second set of the one you just completed regards all.....