View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default Grade Tech- corner magnification question

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...when people criticize someone or something, just to be critical or jsut to argue.

Some folks want to be harsh on Grade-Tech for providing scans of magnified corners. This is what is frustrating to me and I cannot understand...

You say in one sentence: "Existing graders use magnification to examine and grade corners."

Then, in the next statement you damn Grade-Tech for showing us a scan of the magnified images they are looking at when they make the grading decision to grade the corners... Huh?

If you admit right out that all the Graders look at corners under magnification to make their grading decision, why are you all wound up becasue someone is providing you with that view/information?

Why is it so bad to give people more information by which they can make an educated decision? Especially if it is the type and medium of information with which the graders themselves make their grading decision/calculation?

I personally WANT and WELCOME more information about my cards.

You ask: "If your judgement is based on "eye" appeal then what are the micro images really worth to you? Seriously, think about it."

Well, seriously, for my own judgement of that card, the images may be worth nothing for the purpose of "eye appeal". But, for other purposes, at least I can understand why the grader gave my card the grade they did. I can start to understand their view, their perspective, their reasoning, their argument. I actually want to know what they see, and why they award the grades on cards that they do. Grade-Tech seems intereted in bringing that info to me, the customer.

I am really lost as to why they need to be criticized for it, for bringing us increasingly more comprehensive information...