View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default Slabbed and altered vintage cards

Posted By: nolemmings (Todd)

Maybe there is not as much interest on this board in slabbed vintage cards as I thought, or maybe folks are just tired of possibly sparking another "attack fest" about who has what job, makes what money, drives what car, can lift what weight, can sleep with whomever, takes this or that drug, and similar drivel that was last interesting to me in about 10th grade. STILL,
I am concerned about altered cards getting past SGC or PSA, since I rely fairly heavily (but not exclusively)on their efforts.
Leaving Koos'posts completely aside (I neither accept nor reject their accuracy), BCD states that he submitted 60 altered cards to SGC, only 11 of which were "caught". Julie and Scott have both sought to delve into this a little further, and I too want to know, so I am pasting my post from the other day, and asking Mr. Daniels for the courtesy of a reply.

BCD- can you give us more info on your SGC submission? August 26 2002, 3:00 PM

Brian, did you give SGC (Merkel) advance notice of your submission? Did you pay the grading fees? Did you sprinkle in some unaltered cards with the submission? How did you come upon 60 altered vintage cards? Did you get a "cut" rate (pardon the pun) for taking them off someone's hands? Were the 11 that he spotted altered differently than the ones he missed? This and any other info appreciated.