View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default joe jackson w-514 on ebay

Posted By: David

I think it's in the best interest of both the seller and the buyer to 1) Guarantee the authenticity. Which can simply mean that if it turns out to be a fake, the seller can return it for a refund. Most buyers understands that mistakes happen with everyone, and just want to know how a potential situtaion will be handled if there is a problem. 2) Specifically state the return policy, whether it's liberal or restrictive. The return policy will differ from seller to seller, but, it it's resonabl, and specifically stated, the auctions will get more bids.

In my auctions, I specifically guarantee the authenticity, and have a very liberal return policy. Not only does this attract bids, but I've NEVER had a frivolous return. Lastly, knowing that there is such a return policy, you can bet I make sure that the items are described accurately.

Otherwise well-meaning and honest sellers who have overerly restrictive terms (All sales are final, no matter what), are really only hurting themselves, as it will scare away bidders.