View Single Post
Old 10-30-2002, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Default Curious: Opinions on KitYoungCards

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...and, i see the points everyone has made here. I just think that Kit Young, dealing on eBay, must be counting on novice bidders to get those dollars. I certainly wouldn't pay what KY asks, and I don't think many would who are "in the know". I simply won't pay another 50-100% above what the market bears just to buy a card from KY. i literally see cards at auction go for x-dollars, and I see KY run the same card with similar grade/comparison/condition (or perhaps even a touch worse) for 1.5X or 2X. All the time.

I'm not meaning to be critical. It just seems kinda self-defeating. The most successful auctions I see start at a dollar and they let the market bear it up. And, it does. I stay clear of these high-opening-bid auctions...and, i generally stay clear of reserve auctions, too. They often end up being a waste of time, b/c the reserve is often more than the card is worth.

I guess i just wnated to understand KY's reasoning b/c i see his auctions so frequently...thanks for the input everyone!