View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Default Graded cards--do you collect them or not?

Posted By: brian parker

Just thought it would be interesting to find out the percentage of the frequent and occassional posters on this board collect graded cards. Are all of your vintage cards graded, most of them, some, or just a few? Do you only buy graded cards, or do you buy 'raw' cards and have them graded? Do you never buy them, or sometimes buy them and break them out? If you don't collect them, are you a long time collector of vintage baseball cards?

I am not interested in your grading company of choice (Lordy knows we have other threads dedicated to this), so please don't mention it in your responses.

Just thought it would be neat to get a handle on the make-up of our little group, and perhaps discover whether this hot topic graded is the result of the majority of the contributers being slab collectors, or that the issue just provokes some of us to bang away at the keyboard.

I will start off by saying I do not collect graded cards--although over the years I have purchased a handful that I have broken out. I came into the hobby before card grading companies existed--I always remember the first couple of shows that I went to that had dealers with slabs, and I just thought it was the dealer's way of displaying the cards.

Brian