Thread: HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Default HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Posted By: warshawlaw (on a screed today)

that we now treat Governor Bush's state of the union like the Super Bowl? I say governor since he didn't actually win.

While I am a registered Republican, this administration is an embarrassment. How can anyone with a straight face approve of a massive dividend tax break on the basis of "double taxation" when every single bank account, CD, brokerage account, etc. is subject to "double taxation" (once when you earn the money deposited, once when you earn the interest). If income from dividends is tax free, why not savings?

And while we are at it, no, stupid, the fight with Iraq is entirely about oil. Follow the money. The oil desperados in the White House cravenly want to take over the 3rd largest proven reserves in the world for their buds back home. Now, while I am always one to approve of kicking the crap out of terrorist-sponsoring middle easterners and believe that we should have bombed them out of existence a long time ago, let's be honest: without the oil, Iraq is North Korea, which we care about only marginally more than Africa (BTW, $15B in aid; can you say "pandering to the black vote" after the loathesome Trent Lott made clear the true feelings of the GOP leadership and caused even the most conservative minority voters to run from the GOP like Frenchmen fleeing a German army)?

Bush and his contingent of Nixonites turn my stomach. At least I can look the soaring deficit, a needless war and a dead economy in the face and say that I didn't vote for the son of a bitch.