View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Default Thoughts on if I should do something about this????

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

what the hell is this SGC guarantee:

"SGC guarantees that all cards submitted shall be graded by SGC grading experts in accordance with SGC grading procedures. In the event the original submitter of an SGC card believes that the card has been overgraded with respect to such procedures, the original submitter may resubmit that card to SGC for a review of the assigned grade. THIS RESUBMISSION MUST BE REQUESTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIPT FROM SGC.

If the grade determined under such review is lower than that originally assigned to the card, SGC shall, at SGC's option, either replace the card or pay the difference between the current fair market value of the card at the newly established grade and the current fair market value of the grade originally assigned to such card"

What submitter is going to complain that his card was overgraded? And if it is overgraded, why should he get paid for the difference in value upon resubmission? Hey, that Mantle card that I got as a kid for a penny should have been graded a 5 and you guys gave it an 8. I want it graded a 5 and a couple thousand dollars for the differnce in market value.This makes absolutely no sense.

And Brian does raise an interesting point. Assuming SGC extends its guarantee to more than just the original submitter (as apparently they are doing for Jay Miller on his OJ card), why are they willing to protect buyers of an overgraded card but not sellers of an undergraded (or in this case rejected) card? Isn't the seller damaged by their mistake? Why must he resubmit to give them a chance to catch their error? How many times does he have to do this?