View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Default How Rare are T215 Red Cross Backs?

Posted By: TBob

Especially in nice shape. I sold 2 on ebay this week, a Chase holding trophy and a Dougherty, the first an SGC 40 and the last an SGC 60. Both were undergraded, especially the Chase which had no creases or wrinkles and pretty decent corners. Both were very clean. I felt the Chase should have been SGC 60 or 50 at the very least and the Dougherty a 70, but you know SGC...
Anyway, the pair sold for around $800, exceeding book.
I felt they would go even higher as the winning bidder said he would have gone much higher to get them. Only mild bidding interest which was surprising considering some of the prices run-of-the-mill-you-see-them-every- day T206 HOFers in similar condition have been getting. Ebay is always a matter of timing though and a couple of bidders emailed me after the auction to say they never saw them. Probably my fault for not using the selected features option.
As far as the T207 Red Crosses, Mssr. Leon owns the Weaver which is probably the most desirable of the 5 known. There is a rumor of a T207 Red Cross Lowdermilk, although I have never seen it. The others are probably equally vaulable (depending on condition) as they are all "common" tough backs. To explain that last sentence would take too much bandwidth