View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Default Sometimes ebay sellers are just plain dumb

Posted By: TBob

There was a lot of about 40 T207s on ebay which went off Sunday night. Of the 40 were about 30-35 of the "tough" cards and several of the very high price scarcities. The seller did not bother mentioning nor showinf the conditions of the backs. I am sure that many were Red Cycles which would have really jacked up the price. I sent him 3 emails and even tried calling (ebay supplied his number) twice just to have him tell me if the backs had any damage. (He also had a large lot of T205s on ebay and on those he gave the fronts conditions and told about the backs which had a little damage). Nada. The phone was an announcement only, not an answering machine, and said this was "Discount Sportscards." The handle on ebay is dslsports. Had it not been for a belated bid by Scott B., they would have gone for about $10 a card, as it was, they went for about $20 a card. If there were no back damage, and the guy was either oblivious, didn't give a damn or dumb, I would have bid about $1500.00 for the lot (which went for $791). No doubt others would have bid a lot too because the breakup on the lot was incredible.
This whole thing was too bizarre for me. I know the winner and am keeping my fingers crossed that the backs are o.k. because he got a helluva bargain and he is a good guy, but the way this seller does business is just too, well, bizarre!