View Single Post
Old 05-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default Leland's catalogue came. I guess everyone who puts out a catalogue

Posted By: leon

Ok guys and girl

I might take a hit on this one but I just went and looked at their auction (only vintage cards as quite honestly that's all I collect...and a few cig packs). Their descriptions could be a a little better but their scans are clear and are able to be enlarged. I know the Director of the Sportscard division, Leighton Sheldon, as he is a friend of mine. He is a young guy (25) and is eager to do the "right" thing by buyers and consignors. His email is leighton@lelands.com.........I just got off of the phone with him and he readily admits that he has a tough "row to hoe" and a lot of learning to do...He has been with Lelands only about a year now. He is extremely enthusiastic and friendly..........I assure you he will do just about anything to please customers. He said that someone called in, a day or so ago, about the Old Judge lot of 7. They were inquiring about "if they might be tampered with or not". Since he is not an expert (yet) he overnighted them to SGC to get pre-graded. NO cost to the customer whatsoever ...he just did it in the name of customer service.....He will be at this years National again and will be hanging around with me some, so ya'll be nice too.....again, I will vouch for his "wanting" to help as much as anyone in the business (hey, a lot of folks probably still don't like me as I am not a veteran yet leastwise in years....).....Again, I am only speaking about sportscards here...I think they aleady have a pretty good reputaion on memorabilia etc.....best regards.....btw, they have also hired an ex-SGC grader as part of their staff...