View Single Post
Old 05-14-2003, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Default Leland's catalogue came. I guess everyone who puts out a catalogue

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

has some questionable things in their catalogs.....(e.g. the Mantle ball) but overall they have decent items and good customer service. I do agree that they have some 'id' problems sometimes but more often than not, that comes out in the purchaser's favor (such as Tbob). I've bought numerous times from them and gotten really good deals and just some okay deals on things I just really needed. As for afforementioned shill bidding and other concerns, I've not witnessed any of that. I did win one time, when I was still doing shows, a lot of about 250 autographed exhibit style postcards. ALL hall of famers and paid about $3.00 or so each and made TONS of money off of them as there were DiMaggio's, Mantles, etc in the lot. Recently bought a near mint PM1 Speaker from them a while back. Unfortunately, the card sections are all too often about 10 or so pages. LOTS of memorabilia.

I've sold them a few things too......wish I hadn't......autographed 1936 Kentucky Derby Program with Babe Ruth signature in pencil on the front, neat Colgan's chips wooden box, and a really cool George Sosnak painted baseball for Rose's 4192 hit. Oh well, they made some bucks on those items......

I'd buy from them anytime......