Thread: ebay question
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Default ebay question

Posted By: petecld

You have no choice but to hand over responsibility to the post office for delivery so I take no responsibility for what they do. That being said:

As a seller: I make it very clear in my emails that I am not responsible for lost or damaged packages and if buyers don't buy the insurance and a package is lost/damaged that is their problem. Delivery confirmation does cover your (you-know-what) but does nothing for the buyer. Insurance at least covers them as well. I'm amazed how some people have spent hundreds of dollars on an item but won't flip for the $3-4 it takes to insure the item.

As a buyer: I ALWAYS pay for the insurance and if the seller won't allow it (which I don't understand at all) I pay very close tabs on their ebay activity until I receive my item.

My learning experince: When I first started using ebay I bought a photo but didn't pay for the insurance; Never got the photo; left a neutral saying "I guess of you don't buy insurance, you don't get your item." Sure enough, within the next 2 weeks more than 12 other users emailed me saying the same thing - they didn't buy insurance from the guy and never received their item - and the guy got tossed from ebay soon after. Good scam he had going - send nothing, blame post office, keep money.