Thread: ebay question
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Default ebay question

Posted By: Jon Canfield

but you can get Delivery Confirmation from the USPS for FREE if you use Priority Mail! Yes, it's true - this is not a scam. I sell about 5-10 items a week on eBay, and always ship via Priority Mail. For the most part, all my packages fall under the flat rate, so charging $4.00 for shipping makes it so easy. I don't have to guess at weight or postage costs, and most buyers like the fact that they get their item within 3-5 days after shipping. So, if you use Priority Mail, you can get free delivery confirmation. Here is the link to get it.
http://www.usps.com/cgi-bin/api/shipping_label.htm

What you do is fill out your address and the destination address, and when you hit "submit", you create a shipping label with a Priority mail designation and a Delivery Confirmation barcode. You then simply print it off, cut it out, and tape it on. Bingo - free D.C. This way, you should never have to worry about tracking the package again. The best part about this is, since the D.C.is generated electronically, it is automatically entered into the system for you - don't have to worry about the post office worker entering it in. Hope this info helps!