Thread: summer course
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default summer course

Posted By: Hankron

I more than likely will write a number of short articles on specific subjects. I VERY strongly recommend that folks buy a micscscope of at least 80 times power (many handheld models can be bought for under $20, including on eBay). Otherwise, it's just me and Julie. Most of my little articles are posted at the 'Pack Secrets' link at the website, so merely check periodically.

I beleive most people will find short periodicaly articles more palatable than a lengthy class.

TIP OF THE DAY: HOW TO TELL IF YOUR HARPER'S WOODCUT IS ORIGINAL (Many were reprinted). These Harper's pages (incuding woodcut image, text, articles, etc) were printed on both sides of newsprint, just like a modern newspaper. If the printing (ala the text from an article) shows up as an embossment on the other side of the sheet (On the other side of the paper, you can lightly feel or see that the typing has lightly pressed through), it's an original. Not all orignal Harper's woodcuts will have this opposite side embossment, or the embossment may be too light to tell for sure, but if the embossment is definitely there, the woodcut is the real deal.

If you check today's newspaper, you will see that this quality doesn't exist, because modern newspapers and magazines are printed using a different method.