View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Default Scanning cards for auction

Posted By: Jerry Spillman

Unfortunately the links to the Ebay auction pages I used to illustrate my argument about showing full size images of both sides of a card was edited out of my post.

Those Ebay auction pages show only a front view of an undersized scan of T3 cards that are in the $200 each value range. The front view of the cards showed staining yet the seller stated that the backs were "clean". Unlikely. This is a seller that has an unstated, no return policy.

All the replies posted on this thread are rational courses of action for this type problem.

Years ago I wrote computer shareware programs for Ziff-Davis Publishing Co. that appeared on electronic bulletin boards. These programs were transferred to Cnet on the internet when it commenced in the mid-1990s.
Dealing with the many honest intelligent people through this media has always been a pleasure for me. However, due to the ease of use, impersonal and remote aspect of this media there are other individuals, in an absence of conscience that must find it an irresistibly tempting way to defraud.

Elliot