View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Default 19th Century Base Ball Prize Ribbon

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. I've lived in the Massachusetts all my life and I too believe that this ribbon is probably from the Boston area. The South End grounds actually came to mind when I first saw it. I've searched everywhere for some info, but nothing yet on this. Maybe a member of SABR who frequents the forum might know something about this or someone else who does? I had given thought to putting this silk up for auction on ebay, But I agree with David that the more info I have on it, the more valuable it could be. In the end it may be better for me to consign it for auction, If an auction house would sell it, rather to try and sell it myself.

I would like to know if anyone has an idea as to the ballpark value on an item like this with or without the info? I haven't seen many 19th century ribbons come up for auction, so value or a potential selling price are a mystery to me. I know that it probably is incomplete as it has no pin on the reverse, but I think it's pretty decent conditon wise. Any thoughts or opinions would be surely appreciated. Thanks all and for anyone going to the National... Have fun!