View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Default Do Your Part, Please

Posted By: botn

I know that this gets away from collecting but for those that care, I want to bring you up to date. For everyone else, just do not read the thread.

I believe that eBay cancelled all of his auctions under what they call Authenticity Disclaimer that is defined on their site as follows:

Sellers may not disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for, the authenticity or legality of the items offered in their listings.

Sellers should take steps to satisfy themselves that their items are authentic before listing them on eBay. If you cannot verify the authenticity of an item, do not list it.

The following examples violate eBay's Authenticity Disclaimer Policy:
"I cannot guarantee the authenticity of this item, so please bid accordingly."
"Vintage Handbag Chanel???"
Warning:
The repeated use of authenticity disclaimers could result in the ending of your listings and possible suspension from eBay.

This is why he re-listed the cards removing the language that lead to their removal. I have brought that to ebay's attention. If he has already admitted to being unsure of their authenticity when originally listing them (which is BS) and he re-listed the same cards within 24 hours, it would reason that they should not permit these cards to be listed again.

If that does not work then he will be suspended for False Contact Information. I bid on one of his lots and pulled up his contact info. He claims to be in WV yet his telephone number is for OH and is not a valid number.

Greg