View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Default TOO STUFFY HERE - YOU WIN - STARTING MY OWN!!

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Mike,

You seem to jump to conclusions about board members, how old we are, I am 39 and all the board members I have met personally (about 20) rage in age from late 20's to mid 50's. We all have one big thing in common, we love baseball and the history of the game and that includes baseball cards and memorablia.

The other thing, you seem to think we are all millionares, I for one am just a common guy that works at a bowling center and love baseball and its history. I prefer to spend my disposable income on T206's and T202's which to me are a better investment than the stock market. In answer to your question about whether prices are going up the answer is definately yes, and it has a better future than ANY new card that comes out no matter how few are printed. The cards are 75 yrs. or older the guys have already finished there career and you can't buy them at Target. That makes for a better future. Have you watched the 50 & 60's market, you are lucky to get 40% of "book". The "investment" potential is here in pre WWII cards.

Your Beckett analogy is like going to a baseball game and talking about chemistry all the time, we know of it but it has nothing to do with why we are here. You just never quite caught on to the fact.

How's my English, Todd?