View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge "Proofs"

Posted By: Prewarsports

First of all these items are real. If you bother to read my item discription you will see that everything I sell is guaranteed authentic. They ARE Proofs, and are not modern photographic reproductions.

I never once claimed they were Leonardo DiVinci masterpieces, but that they were uncatalogued. Show me a price guide with a Doran N173 listed and I will change my item discription.

Last, Please e mail me with anything you have relating to an N173 cabinet for $500. Jay stating that these are overpriced is an completely baseless comment from someone who should know better. Anyone should know that stuff relating to Old Judge's is completely subjective in price (Wasn't it a common named Gibson that you paid $3500 for in beat up shape Jay). Even if he was rare, it just shows the subjectivity of Old Judge prices.

A common N173 is worth $1200 in good shape, so why would a proof who is uncatalogued from a rare team and in great shape not be worth that?

It is nicer than the N173 White I am selling that Jay offered me $650 two days ago. Ask Terry Knouse what he received at the National 5 years ago for similar items in worse condition of different players. $1200 each, for five of them! Even if the market has remained constant, which we all know Old Judge's have not, then they are correctly prices based on the market.