View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default Favorite Card / "The One That Got Away" thread

Posted By: shammus

I got this idea from an earlier post and thought I'd go ahead and start a thread on this in the interest of coming up with new, positive things to discuss. One of my favorite cards is a w555 Wagner that I bought off of Ebay for a little over $300. The card looked really good in the scan but when it showed up, I was impressed enough with its condition that I sent it in to SGC figuring it would grade a 60 or 70. It actually came back as a 60 (wow, SGC agreed with me!) Turned out to be a really nice acquisition.

For "The one that got away", I had a financial "emergency" come up a couple of months back that pretty much prevented me from spending anything on the hobby for a while. A week after this "emergency" cropped up, the card that was at the top of my want list, a T204 Ramly Walter Johnson was placed on Ebay by rbcraik. I had to sit back and helplessly watch as the card went to another buyer thanks to my financial obligations. Just in case anyone has this card in any condition, it's still at the top of my want list