Thread: Size Matters?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Default Size Matters?

Posted By: jay behrens

You have to be kidding. You say you've been collecting vintage cards for 15 years, yet you cannot tell the good dealers from the bad ones? Granted, I'm the exception and not the rule most people experience in the hobby since I was lucky enough to get to know Ron Oser and Bill Bossert when I first got into the hobby and they guided me, but there is no excuse for collecting for 15 years and not knowing who the good and bad dealers are. Also, after 15 years, I would think you have a healthy knowledge of the cards you collect. Not to sound mean, but the only other option would seem to be that you are one of these collectors with more money than common sense. If you are serious about collecting, it should take you about 6 months or less to learn who is the good guys and bad guys are.

To address you question about how do you know if a short card is legit, I mentioned it in my last post, look for honest corner wear. I try to steer clear of really high grade examples and prefer cards with some honest wear. To me, they have character. A card that loved and enjoyed and looked at over and over. Not something that tossed in a box and forgotten decades.

Jay