View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Default We have all made fun of PRO at one time or another, but

Posted By: Aaron M.

Nick:

Like I said, I'm sorry if my posts sounded rude, but you came looking for feedback, so I gave it to you.

I've seen some incredibly ridiculous behavior on this site over the last couple weeks.

From a guy who has spent the last year and a half of his life obsessively trying to get a dealer to refund him $184.00.

To another guy who understood 100% what a PRO card was and didn't bother checking the seller's feedback or transaction history (which definitely showed that the card he was buying was previously listed as raw, trimmed, rejected by PSA card) and STILL bid on it with five minutes left (because he thought he was going to get a deal) and then wanted to back out of it.

Now this. Again, these aren't novices we are talking about. These are experienced collectors acting like knuckleheads.

I think if you buy the card, you are getting exactly what you are asking for. If the card comes back from PSA, then congratulations--let the gambling continue. If it doesn't, then I don't think you have any right to ask for a refund since you know exactly what you are buying ahead of time and were foolish to do so.

As to your candid comments about an addiction to the hobby and Kenny Cole's comments about self-richeousness, I think the two are tied together in this instance.

Throw common sense, rationality, logic, love and appreciation for the hobby, will power, perspective and priorities out the window.

Buying that card is like saying that your hobby has control of you. Knowing to stay away is like saying you have control over your hobby.