View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Default Sellers Beware, Paypal

Posted By: Jimmy Scott Elkins

That is why I don't accept PayPal. I was auctioning off some of my newert stuff at the time. Some guy won 2 PSA 10 Randy Johnson UD's which come to over $200. I CLEARLY stated in my auction I was NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UNINSURED ITEMS! Well, my secretary at the time did all my mailing of eBay items, plus she would bring me back a receipt for the total amount. The idiot that didn't purchase insurance claimed to have never received the items. To make a long story shorter, he got PayPal involved. I offered to show them the receipt from the PO the day the items in question were mailed and also offered a notarized statement from my secretary who mailed the cards. NEITHER were good enough for PayPal! I even told them the guy probably received the cards and is just stating he didn't b/c the Johnson Rookies were going down in value (like all new cards).

Paypal stated that they were going to take the $200+ out of my bank account. The NEXT DAY, I closed the checking account I had my PayPal account under! If my auction disclaimer regarding uninsured items, my word, a receipt from the PO, and my secretary's word were not good enough for Paypal, then I was not going to do business with them. Plus, after eBay fees, on some of the less expensive items, you don't make much of a profit (if any) anyway, then after the Paypal fees, you are in the red! I have quit playing their scam for good!