View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default Before I started reading FullcountBCC

Posted By: TBob

"Crumble" may be better used to define the contents of my wallet after I bought the cards. What actually happens is that the top layer of paper slides off. All the cards this has happened to have had top corner slippage (for lack of a better term). When you see really sharp caramel cards on ebay which unfortunately have a top corner which looks like it was sanded, it proves there are others out there who have had the same problem. I don't know if bleaching was at fault or not. I bought an E94 gold Jennings which arrived in a top loader. When I removed the card to place it in a mylar page of other E94s, the top left "disintegrated" and my EXMT Jennings became a GVG. This card was bought from a poster here on the board and I have no reason to think he was aware this might happen. I still have the card, now entombed in a PRO holder simply for protection since I used a tiny dab of glue to secure the color flaked piece back on the card and SGC and GAI kicked it back as an alteration. I bought an EX+ E94 Evers and this time the ame thing happened, as I was placing it in the mylar holder (this time it made it out of the top loader) the top right corner slipped. I became so discouraged I put this back on eBay sans color chip and it sold for about 80% of what I paid for it. Finally, and most sadly, I bought an E98 (used to be the designation now it has a tobacco number) Old Put of Clarke. The card came from the National where a friend spotted it and called me to tell me about it the summer before last. I told him to buy it for me. Nice VG+ish card. Bang, 9 months later in removing the card from the mylar page to submit it to GAI for grading, the top right corner slipped. GRRRRRRR. Now you can understand why all my E94s are in holders and I am beginning to put all my E98s in holders also. For protection. Period.