View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay sucks- suggestions anyone?

Posted By: hankron

I hope people saw my point that if a bidder on eBay is unwilling to do even the simplest of homework, there is nothing you can do for him or her. If he's not burned on this Fro Joy, he's going to get burned one something else. I am more than happy to help out newbies and people with questions and Fro Joys Ruths are spelled out twice on my website ('Do not buy color ones'), but it's not my job to change their diapers and wipe their noses because they haven't figured how.

A woman once bought a Pricess Diana 'autographed' obituary, the obituary being Diana's. Am I supposed to go around and warn people that people can't sign their own obituaries? Someone placed on eBay a Jack Chesbro autograph with his name mispelled and people placed bids. Am I supposed to go around telling people they should only bid on autographs where the name is spelled correctly?

People regularly email and say, "I found this card, do you know it is? I know absolutly nothing about baseball cards" or "Have you ever seen this before?" or "A guy wants to sell me this print. Do you have any idea what would be a fair price? And if you don't do you know of a website that might help me?"

Why do these total beginners ask questions, while others apparently find it impossible?