View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Default Last night's "debate" .....some interesting observations.

Posted By: Sean_C

MW writes:

"Sean,

Correct. I have never sent cards to Mr. Towle and then offered them for sale. As I mentioned previously, I have only spoken with him a few times so I do not know where these cards came from. He sold the cards to me outright. There was no consignment."

If you bought them knowing they were altered, why sell them at all? Why not keep them with the other ones for future reference? Why put them back into circulation? Only bad things can happen when altered cards are released back into the marketplace; eventually someone will be tricked into buying them thinking they are unaltered originals. On the couple of occasions I've purchased cards that I've detected to be altered (recolored corners, trimmed, etc.), I cut them up and throw them away.

Reselling altered cards, even when advertised as such, is no better than selling PRO graded cards or any of the "reprint" Jordan, Orr, etc. rookies: you are helping people rip others off, and to think otherwise is folly. For someone who claims to have "Moral Fortitude", selling altered cards under any circumstance would make me question what your definition of "morals" is.

Interesting reading: http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm